2023 Carrier Rates
Be mindful that UPS, USPS, DHL, and FedEx will be adjusting their rates in 2023 as can be expected annually. We have gathered links with detailed information regarding these adjustments. We recommend reviewing the information provided at the links below carefully in order to make appropriate adjustments to the rates you offer your customers in your sales channels. Please note that InterFulfillment has no control over annual carrier cost revisions of this nature.
- DHL Express: Information not yet available. A link will be provided once available.
- FedEx: https://www.fedex.com/en-ca/service-guide/rates-amendments.html
- USPS: https://faq.usps.com/s/article/2023-Postage-Price-Changes
UPS 2023 Carrier Rates
As a valued UPS customer, the following UPS Daily List rates will apply effective December 25, 2022*:
- UPS Standard® within Canada will increase a weighted average** of 6.5%
- UPS Standard to the U.S. will increase a weighted average** of 5.0%
- Small package UPS Air services within Canada** will increase a weighted average** of 6.0%
- Small package UPS Air services to the U.S. ** will increase a weighted average** of 5.0%
- Small package UPS Air services to Worldwide destination. ** will increase a weighted average** of 5.0%
- UPS imports will increase a weighted average** of 4.4%
- Canada small package brokerage entry preparation fees will increase up to 5.0%
- UPS Next Day Air® Freight, UPS 2nd Day Air® Freight and UPS 3 Day Freight® within Canada, and to the U.S. and Puerto Rico will increase a weighted average** of 6.2%
- Rates will change for select additional and value added charges
For additional information about these and other important changes, and to get the most up to date shipping rates, visit: https://www.ups.com/ca/en/support/shipping-support/shipping-costs-rates.page
Carrier Fuel Surcharges
Each carrier applies a fuel surcharge to every shipment. The fuel surcharge rate is set weekly and is based on the current global market price of fuel. As fuel prices fluctuate up and down, this surcharge fluctuates as well, It is important to keep an eye on the weekly surcharge rate as it will affect the cost of every shipment. These fuel surcharges are public information and can be found on each shipping carrier's website. The price of fuel has been particularly high which makes monitoring these surcharge levels more important than ever. We suggest checking these rates regularly at the links below and using them to adjust your shipping rates as needed.
Current Fuel Surcharge Rates: Canada Post - UPS - FedEx
Learn More About Carrier Fuel Charges (CBC News Article)