We strongly recommend that all products are identified with a SKU or UPC barcode on each individual product packaging prior to their arrival at our facility.
- Decreased Receiving Costs - It is faster to receive and move barcoded products. No added cost to apply labels.
- Decreased Possibility of Fulfillment Errors - Our team scans barcoded products during the packing stage to guarantee accurate fulfillment.
- Less Liability for Fulfillment Errors - Our team cannot guarantee the accurate fulfillment of non-barcoded products.
- Faster Order Processing Time - Our team uses scanners to pick barcoded items with speed and accuracy.
- Inventory Accuracy - Items that are not barcoded are more difficult to identify and track.
- Improved Inventory Management - Items can be easily managed using scanner technology.
- Increased Customer Satisfaction - Accuracy and faster order fulfillment make for increased customer satisfaction.
- Meet 3PL and Retail Industry Standards - Most fulfillment centers and major retailers expect all products to be barcoded.
What if my products don't have barcodes and each SKU does not have its own Mastercase box?
In the event that products arrive at our facility without a SKU or UPC barcode on each individual product packaging prior to their arrival at our facility, one will be added to their Mastercase during the receiving process. If each item SKU does not have its own unique Mastercase box, one will be provided by InterFulfillment. The following fees will apply.
- SKU or UPC barcode label application to a Mastercase is charged at $8 per SKU Mastercase.
- If a SKU does not have its own Mastercase box at the time of receiving, a box will be provided for each SKU in order to have the SKU or UPC barcode label applied. There will be an additional charge of $1.50 per Mastercase box provided.
Visit the following link for a full list of our additional services, including typical receiving charges: https://interfulfillment.com/shipping-services/
Tips on how to get all your products barcoded.
Having each of your individual products barcoded is not a difficult or costly process especially when done at the time of manufacturing. Here are some quick and easy tips you can use to get your products barcoded and thus stored and shipped correctly.
- Contact your manufacturer and let them know you would like all your products individually barcoded with each individual SKU going forward. The cost is typically minor.
- Generate your own SKU or UPC barcodes and send them to your manufacturer in advance. There are countless free barcode generators online you can use to not only generate functional barcodes yourself but also order adhesive labels with all of your newly generated barcodes. Here is an example of a useful free online barcode generator: https://www.barcodesinc.com/generator/index.php
- If you are unable to barcode each individual item, ask your manufacturer to barcode each Mastercase with the SKU contained inside. Limit each Mastercase to only contain one SKU. Although this is not ideal or recommended, it could help increase efficiency when storing and shipping your goods.
When storing and shipping your products from an order fulfillment facility, it is an industry-standard to have each product labeled with a SKU or UPC barcode. This makes storing and shipping your products easier and increases the efficiency and accuracy of the storing and fulfillment process.
Although we will mark all master cases of products that don't have a barcode with a barcode of our own, we strongly suggest this is done when your products are produced going forward.
If you have any further questions regarding SKU or UPC barcodes, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.