Updated Barcode Policy December 1st, 2020
Effective January 1st, 2021, InterFulfillment requires all items included on orders to be identified with a barcode on each individual product prior to their arrival at our facility.
In the event your products arrive at our facility without barcodes on each individual product we reserve the right to reject the shipment which is at the sole discretion of the management. Items that do not require barcodes are items that have been classified as packing material such as: tissue paper, packing boxes, stickers, inserts, and flyers.
Tips on how to get all your products barcoded.
Having each of your individual products barcoded is not a difficult or costly process especially when done at the time of manufacturing. Here are some quick and easy tips you can use to get your products barcoded and thus stored and shipped correctly.
- Contact your manufacturer and let them know you would like all your products individually barcoded with each individual SKU going forward. The cost is typically minor.
- Generate your own SKU or UPC barcodes and send them to your manufacturer in advance. There are countless free barcode generators online you can use to not only generate functional barcodes yourself but also order adhesive labels with all of your newly generated barcodes. Here is an example of a useful free online barcode generator: https://www.barcodesinc.com/generator/index.php
- If you are unable to barcode each individual item, ask your manufacturer to barcode each Mastercase with the SKU contained inside. Limit each Mastercase to only contain one SKU. Although this is not ideal or recommended, it could help increase efficiency when storing and shipping your goods.
The benefits of having products barcoded
- Decreased Receiving Costs - It is faster to receive and move barcoded products.
- Decreased Possibility of Fulfillment Errors - Our team scans barcoded products during the packing stage to guarantee accurate fulfillment.
- Less Liability for Fulfillment Errors - Our team cannot guarantee the accurate fulfillment of non-barcoded products.
- Faster Order Processing Time - Our team uses scanners to pick barcoded items with speed and accuracy.
- Inventory Accuracy - Items that are not barcoded are more difficult to identify and track.
- Improved Inventory Management - Items can be easily managed using scanner technology.
- Increased Customer Satisfaction - Accuracy and faster order fulfillment make for increased customer satisfaction.
- Meet 3PL and Retail Industry Standards - Most fulfillment centers and major retailers expect all products to be barcoded.
When storing and shipping your products from an order fulfillment facility, it is an industry-standard to have each product labeled with a barcode. This makes storing and shipping your products easier and increases the efficiency and accuracy of the storing and fulfillment process.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding product barcodes, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.