Efficient storage and handling practices are crucial for InterFulfillment customers dealing with master cases and inner cases. Properly labeling and organizing these cases not only streamline inventory management but also optimize receiving processes. In this guide, we will explore the requirements for mastercase and inner case labeling, as well as the benefits of packaging one SKU per case. Additionally, we'll discuss how the InterFulfillment WMS software simplifies the management of units, inner cases, and master cases with customizable and automated pick fees.
Section 1: Master Case / Inner Case Labeling Requirements
- SKU Identification: Each master case and the inner cases should clearly display the SKU of the item inside. This ensures easy identification and avoids confusion during storage and handling.
- Master GTIN or UPC Barcode: A scannable GTIN or UPC barcode should be present on the master case to facilitate automated tracking and inventory management.
- Unit Quantity: The number of units contained within each master case should be clearly marked on the outer packaging for quick reference.
- Inner Case Information: Inner cases should also include the necessary labeling and information, including a scannable UPC barcode, to ensure accurate tracking and easy identification.
Section 2: Packaging One SKU per Master Case
- Efficiency and Accuracy: The preferred practice is to pack only one SKU per master case. This method minimizes receiving issues and helps maintain accurate counts, reducing sorting and counting tasks. Moreover, it optimizes receiving time charges, as breaking open mixed master cases can significantly increase processing times.
- Avoiding Mixed Master Cases: By using a single SKU per master carton, businesses can minimize the need for sorting and counting operations. This practice benefits both the merchant and the receiving team, streamlining operations and reducing errors.
Section 3: Managing Units, Inner Cases, and Master Cases with Our Software
- Flexible SKU Setup: InterFulfillment software offers the capability to set up SKUs with three different units of measure: unit, inner case, and master case. This flexibility allows for seamless management of varying quantities and enables accurate pick fee calculations based on the unit of measure.
- Streamlined Operations: With our software, businesses can effortlessly track and manage sales of units, inner cases, and master cases. The system automates pick-fee calculation, ensuring accurate cost allocation based on the specific unit of measure. This ensures customers are always billed for the exact agreed upon per item, per inner case, and per master case fees associated with every order.
Master case and inner case requirements play a crucial role in efficient storage and handling practices. By adhering to the guidelines outlined in this guide, customers can optimize their inventory management, streamline receiving processes, and reduce errors. Moreover, our software offers a comprehensive solution for managing units, inner cases, and master cases, allowing for seamless operations and accurate cost allocation. Embrace these best practices and leverage technology to achieve greater efficiency in your storage and handling workflows!