Order allocation statuses
There are three different order allocation statuses:
- Fully Allocated: This means that inventory is allocated to all line item quantities on the order.
- Partially Allocated: This means that not all line item quantities on the order contain allocated inventory.
- Unallocated: This means that no inventory is allocated to the order.
There are several methods of viewing an order's allocation status on the Find Orders page.
Inventory Allocated search filter
This search filter can adjust the orders that display in the grid based on whether they have Sufficient inventory allocated to each line item, have at least one line item that is Overallocated, or Either.
Allocation color scheme
You can instantly identify an order's allocation status by an order's color in the grid. (If an order is fully allocated, no color displays.) The informational icon in the top-right of the grid displays the color scheme legend.
Split-Allocating or Short-Shipping
Orders that are Partially Allocated can be manually selected to split-allocate or short ship. This is not an automated feature so you will need to reach out for all specific order splitting/short shipping requests.
See description of both options below.
- Split overallocated orders: If one or more of the selected orders contain overallocated line items, this selection creates a new order (by adding a -1 to the original reference number) and back-orders those line items so that you can ship what's available in the selected order.
- Short ship orders: If one or more of the selected orders contain overallocated line items, this selection cancels the overallocated inventory and removes the line items from the order.