Introduction to Importing Orders
In this article, we will outline how to prepare your order file and import it into the 'Import Order' section of the InterFulfillment Customer Portal. Using the guide in this article will enable you to accomplish the following:
- How to Enter Your Order Data Into the Order Import Template File
- How to Upload Your Order Import Template File to the Customer Portal
- Most Common Issues Encountered When Importing Orders
Each section will feature helpful videos providing a visual aid to each step in this article.
How to Enter Your Order Data Into the 'Order Import Template File'
Entering your order information into the 'Order Import Template File' is a straightforward process that can be accomplished by following the simple steps outlined below.
This document contains instructions you can hover over above each column outlining the information required to be entered. Once your information is entered and you have taken steps to confirm its accuracy, you must then follow the instructions on the document which direct you to do the following two steps.
- Delete the first two rows of the Excel file.
- Save the file as 'Text Tab Delimited' format for PC and 'Windows Formatted Text' for MAC
ATTENTION: Prior to saving your file, please confirm all the information is correct as you are solely responsible for any shipping errors which may result from inaccurate/erroneous order information being uploaded to the system.
Feel free to watch the video below for a visual walkthrough regarding populating your 'Order Import Template File'.
How to Upload Your Order Import Template File to the Customer Portal
Once your order information has been entered into the 'Order Import Template' file and saved in the correct format, you are ready to import your file into the InterFulfillment Customer Portal.
In order to navigate to this feature, simply login to the InterFulfillment Customer Portal using your credentials, and navigate to 'Orders > Import Orders' as shown in the image below.
Once you have navigated to the 'Orders > Import Orders' section of the InterFulfillment customer portal, you will see a green button that reads 'SELECT FILE'. Once you click this button, a browser dialogue box will open for you to select your completed 'Order Import Template' file.
Once you choose the file, the system will then automatically batch import all the orders you entered into your file. Feel free to watch the video below for a visual walkthrough regarding uploading your prepared 'Order Import Template File'.
Most Common Issues Encountered When Importing Orders
Here are the most common issues other users have encountered when uploading orders to our system:
- Pasting information into the wrong column
- Entering duplicate reference numbers for separate orders.
- Copying a hyperlink in the email or address fields.
- Forgetting to delete rows 1 and 2.
- Forgetting to save the file in the 'Text Tab Delimited' file format.
- Mac users must save the Order Import Template file in the 'Windows Formatted Text' format.
- Trying to upload a previously uploaded order file
That is all there is to it! Should you have any questions or require any further assistance regarding Importing Orders into the InterFulfillment Portal for your account, simply email support@interfulfillment with your request. We are always just an email away, and are more than happy to help! Thank you.